- South Korea Immigration Detention
- 작성일 : 2019-11-26 15:45:01
- Homepage : https://www.globaldetentionproject.org/countries/asia-pacific/south-korea
- Rank : 5,065
"South Korea’s immigration control policy is characterized by tensions between the need for unskilled migrant workers, who have been actively recruited through a government supported program, and the objective of controlling the influx of unauthorized immigrants. The government stepped up efforts to curb undocumented migration in the early 1990s, but the lack of consensus between different political actors resulted in the hesitant implementation of restrictive policies. More recently, the government has begun to systematically arrest, detain, and deport irregular migrants."
Please contact us if the information provided in About Korea differs from the actual information.
- (63 32) 239-1316 / (63 32) 328-7215
- Unit 9, The Regency Crest, Maria Luisa Rd., Banilad, Cebu City 6000 Philippines